The policy covers the insured against loss/ damage to internal and external glass (including mirrors), sign writing, and treatment thereon at the insured’s premises, the property of the insured or for which they are responsible.
WHO CAN TAKE THE POLICY?
Any person who installs plate glass of substantial value can take out this policy.
The insurance company will pay the cost of:
- The repair or replacement of glass or other property
- Resultant damage to:
- Frames containing the insured glass
- Window displays including fixtures and fittings
- Boarding up or other protection measures for the premises pending replacement of the glass.
The policy covers the cost of making good accidental breakage of insured glass by any reason whatever, except those that are specifically excluded.
- Fire or explosion
- Earthquakes or such other convulsion of nature
- Damage to frames
- Cost of removal or replacement of any fittings or fixtures necessitated for replacing the broken glass
- Cracked or imperfect glass
- Any superficial damage or scratching
Note: Policy details given are indicative, not exhaustive. Please contact your nearest FICO office for further details.