The policy covers statutory liability of an employer for the death of or bodily injuries or occupational diseases sustained by workmen arising out of and in the course of employment.
The insurance company agrees to pay:
- All sums which the insured is legally liable to pay the employees in respect of personal injury by accident or diseases ‘arising out of and in the course of the employment’
- The Insured’s liability arising either under common law or the laws set out in the schedule of the Workmen’s Compensation Act 2000.
- Costs or expenses incurred by the insured with the consent of the insurance company, to defend any claims are paid in addition.
WHO CAN BE INSURED?
Any employer whether as a Principal or contractor engaging “workmen” as defined in Workmen’s Compensation Act 2000 to cover his liability to them under statute and at common law. Employers can cover Employees who do not qualify as “Workmen” under separate tables.
- Any injury by accident or disease directly attributable to war and nuclear risk
- Insured’s liability to employees of contactors to the insured
- Any liability of the insured which attaches by virtue of an agreement but which would not have been attached in the absence of such agreement
Note: Policy details given are indicative, not exhaustive. Please contact your nearest FICO office for further details.