The policy is specially designed to cover accidental loss or damage to electronic equipment. It covers sudden and unforeseen physical damage including breakdown to the electronic equipment (covered under the policy) due to any reason not specifically excluded.
WHAT EQUIPMENT CAN BE COVERED UNDER THIS POLICY?
The policy covers the following types of equipment:
- Electronic data processing machine
- Telecommunication equipment
- Transmitting and receiving installations (including Radio, TV, Cinema Sound Reproduction and Studio Equipment)
- Material testing and research equipment
- Electro-Medical Installations
- Signal and Transmitting units
- Office calculators, duplicating machines and Reproduction machines
Control and supervisory units
WHO CAN TAKE OUT THIS POLICY?
This policy can be taken out by any owner, lessor or hirer of electronic equipment. The policy covers damage caused by the following perils:
- Smoke, soot, dust, corrosive gases etc.
- Water and Humidity
- Short circuit and Electrical fire risk
- Faulty operations, lack of skill
- Falling object and entry of foreign bodies
- Fire, lightning, explosions
- Natural calamities – flood, inundation, storm, cyclone and earthquake
- Subsidence, landslide, rockslide
Loss or damage caused by the following perils are specifically excluded from the scope of the policy:
- Normal wear and tear and corrosion of parts arising from use and continuous operation (limited to parts immediately affected, subsequent damage to other parts of the unit covered)
War, willful acts, gross negligence
- Faults for which third party is responsible by law or contract
Failure due to interruption of gas, water or power supply
- Aesthetic defects
- Loss arising from riot, strike, malicious damage and terrorism
- Loss arising from theft
- Loss to consumables and operating media etc.
- Consequential loss of any kind