This is a package policy specially designed to meet the insurance requirements of a house owner by combining a number of our standard policies under a single policy. The policy comprises of 5 categories of coverage: Buildings, Contents, All Risks, Workers Compensation (for domestic workers) and Public Liability.
Covers Insured for buildings against the following Allied Perils:
- Fire, Lightening, Explosion of gas in domestic appliances
- Bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Damage caused by Aircraft
- Riot, Strike, Malicious or Terrorist Acts
- Earthquake, Fire and/or Shock, subsidence and Landslide (including Rockslide) damage
- Flood, Inundation, Storm, Tempest, Typhoon, Hurricane, Tornado or Cyclone
- Impact damage
Covers contents of the dwelling belonging to the proposer and his/her family members permanently residing with him/her. It also covers contents of the dwelling against loss due to burglary, house breaking, larceny or theft and fire.
ALL RISKS (JEWELLERY & VALUABLES)
Covers loss or damage to your jewellery and valuables by accident or misfortune whilst kept, worn or carried anywhere in Uganda subject to the value declared in the schedule.
WORKERS COMPENSATION (DOMESTIC WORKERS)
Covers Death or bodily injury by accidental, violent, external and visible to domestic servants engaged in insured’s premises in the schedule and subject to limits specified therein.
Covers Insured’s legal liability for bodily injury or loss of or damage to property of third party limited to amount specified in the schedule.
How to claim
- In case of any incident leading to a valid claim under the policy, the following steps should be followed:
- Take necessary steps to minimize the loss/damage.
- In case of fire, inform fire brigade immediately.
- In case of theft, larceny or burglary inform the police immediately providing them with a list of items stolen and their approximate value.
- Immediately notify the insurance company by phone, email, fax or in writing.
- Extend full co-operation to the surveyor appointed by the insurance company and provide necessary documents to substantiate the loss.
- Submit a Claim Form duly filled in to the insurance company.
- In case any rights of recovery exist against any other party responsible for the loss, your rights of recovery have to be subrogated to the insurance company on payment of claim.
Note: Policy details given are indicative, not exhaustive. Please contact your nearest FICO office for further details.