WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Filing a claim can seem like a challenging time but our experienced claims team is here to help you along every step of the way, ensuring your claims experience is as simple and convenient as possible.
WAYS TO FILE A CLAIM
To make filing a claim quick and convenient, FICO provides you with 3 options to file your claim:
- Access our claims service by calling us at: +256414342863, +256414233750 or Email us at: email@example.com.
- You can also start your claim using the FICO website by downloading a Claim Form at the bottom and submitting by email or in person at one of our branches
- Report your claim by contacting your agent.
Once you submit your claim, a First Insurance Company claims representative will contact you as soon as possible to verify information, ask questions, explain coverage, and process the claim.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE CLAIMS PROCESS
Knowing what to expect when you file a claim can help make the process easier to navigate. Although different types of claims are handled a little differently, the following basic steps in the sidebar will help you understand the ins and outs of the claims process and what you can expect.”
How to claim
In case of any incident leading to a valid claim under the policy, the following steps should be followed:
- Take necessary steps to minimize the loss/damage.
- In case of fire, inform fire brigade immediately.
- In case of theft, larceny or burglary inform the police immediately providing them with a list of items stolen and their approximate value.
- Immediately notify the insurance company by phone, email, fax or in writing.
- Extend full co-operation to the surveyor appointed by the insurance company and provide necessary documents to substantiate the loss.
- Submit a Claim Form duly filled in to the insurance company.
- In case any rights of recovery exist against any other party responsible for the loss, your rights of recovery have to be subrogated to the insurance company on payment of claim.
Note: Policy details given are indicative, not exhaustive. Please contact your nearest FICO office for further details.